Re: KopiSusu beta release

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: KopiSusu beta release
Date: 17 Mar 2001 12:15:25 -0500

Erwin Bolwidt <address@hidden> writes:

> So, although I didn't really intend to make a split, it could be
> considered as just that. If somebody think this is a problem and has
> a constructive solution, I'm all ears.

As a programmer who wishes his free java programs weren't dependent on
Sun's proprietary software: Please don't make the free Java landscape
any more fragmented than it already is.

I personally have spent a number of hours simply trying to figure out
what's implemented, what free JVMs work with which free class
libraries and with which free compilers, etc.

The amount of duplication of effort is staggering.