abstract interfaces in Classpath source

From: John Leuner
Subject: abstract interfaces in Classpath source
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 18:38:52 +0000

When I compile the classpath java files with jikes, there are many warnings
like the following:

Issued 1 semantic warning compiling
"java/security/spec/AlgorithmParameterSpec.java":

    39. public abstract interface AlgorithmParameterSpec
               <------>
*** Warning: Every interface in implicitly abstract. This modifier is obsolete
and should not be used in new Java programs.

Issued 1 semantic warning compiling "java/security/cert/X509Extension.java":

    64. public abstract interface X509Extension
               <------>
*** Warning: Every interface in implicitly abstract. This modifier is obsolete
and should not be used in new Java programs.

Issued 1 semantic warning compiling "java/security/spec/KeySpec.java":

    39. public abstract interface KeySpec
               <------>
*** Warning: Every interface in implicitly abstract. This modifier is obsolete
and should not be used in new Java programs.

Is there anything that depends on this "abstract" keyword? Can I change these
files and submit a patch?

John Leuner