Re: preprocessing java source

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: preprocessing java source
Date: 25 Jun 2001 21:37:19 -0400

"Anthony Green" <address@hidden> writes:

> Tom wrote:
> > I think ideally the preprocessor would simply comment out lines
> > instead of removing them.  That way the line numbers match with the
> > original source.
>
> It seems to be a very simple matter to post-process the preprocessor output
> containing #line directives into a properly spaced file.  Does the Classpath
> build process allow for building and running a tiny C program to do this?

The only problem I have at the moment has to do with
the $(top_builddir)/vm/current symbolic link.  I think that with a few
modifications to several places I can get rid of it.

That said, the preprocessor should probably be executed somewhere in
lib/Makefile.am and output should be directed towards
$(top_builddir)/$file.  Alternately maybe change the compile order to
recurse java, gnu, and javax before compiling in lib, still
redirecting output to the appropriate $builddir.  java/lang/String
would go in $(top_builddir)/java/lang/ for instance.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>