Re: Java tools

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: Java tools
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 16:00:33 +0100

>>> Stuart Ballard <address@hidden> 09-Jul-01 4:00:18 PM >>>

   Sun might - they don't like people using the name
   "Java" for things.

The FSF doesn't use the word either. It was a mistake for me to call
the project that.

The project wouyld actually be called something like "class-tools"
but we can come up with a name later.

I'm more interested in knowing if there are any objections to the
idea of a seperate project for tools.

   I like the idea, but I think a different name for it
   might be in order... how about gtj in line with gcj?

Could be a good one... I don't think it matters what the name is. The
FSF leadership are quite good at suggesting names for projects.

Nic