String/Hashtable boostrapping (again)

From: Patrick Doyle
Subject: String/Hashtable boostrapping (again)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:12:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hey, look what I found:

In part:

  So with it I have else one problem - when String is loaded <clinit> is
  called. And in <clinit> of String is used Hashtable. And Hashtable has
  in <clinit> manipulations with String. But String is not comletly
  initialized (<clinit> is not done)...

This is the exact problem I described.  The message is from 1999.

John Keiser replied:

  I am posting my response to your <clinit> problem in a separate message
  so I can send it to Japhar too.

However, I can't find this reply.  Does anyone know where I might find it?

--
Patrick Doyle
address@hidden