Windows Virus (Was: links)

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Windows Virus (Was: links)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:32:22 +0200

Damn.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 10:24:20AM -0400, Steve Patti wrote:
> Hi! How are you?
>
> I send you this file in order to have your advice
>
> See you later. Thanks

This looks like the virus that a couple of Windows users were complaining
about at work today. Since I don't have any windows machine I am unable to
verify this but please check the following link which seems to be a good
description about the virus:
<http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/pf/address@hidden>

Please tell me if I am completely wrong and this is somehow really relevant
for the Classpath list.

Stuff to read:
    <http://www.toad.com/gnu/whatswrong.html>
  What's Wrong with Copy Protection, by John Gilmore