Re: License question

From: arenn
Subject: Re: License question
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 17:14:46 -0500

Chris Cole (address@hidden) wrote:
> If I were to automatically translate gnu classpath
> from jbc to some other language (but otherwise leave
> it unchanged) and recompile it, would linking it with
> my application still fall under your exception to the
> GPL?

Yes.  However, if you are planning to use this in some commercial
product, you would be well advised to consult an attorney specializing
in copyright.  I don't recommend relying on legal advice from non-lawyers
on the internet such as myself when making critical business decisions.

--
Aaron M. Renn (address@hidden) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/