FYI: Class merger

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: FYI: Class merger
Date: 05 Aug 2001 17:07:25 -0600

Today I merged some classes with libgcj.
The ChangeLog entry is appended.

In general I used the libgcj implementations.  Sometimes that was just
due to familiarity.  For CharArrayWriter it was because I thought the
Classpath implementation was too complex.  In other cases there were
subtle bugs in the Classpath implementation (which I've now replaced
with the subtle bugs in the libgcj implementation :-)

The one known merge issue is in PushbackInputStream.  Here I made a
performance assumption that holds for libgcj but not for Classpath.
In the near future I believe I'm going to have some time to work on
preprocessing infrastructure for Classpath/libgcj; I'll fix this at
that point (or sooner, since this one really just needs a new
configuration point).

Tom

2001-08-05  Tom Tromey  <address@hidden>

        * java/io/StringWriter.java: Merged with libgcj.
        * java/io/InputStream.java: Merged with libgcj.
        * java/io/OutputStream.java: Merged with libgcj.
        * java/io/PushbackInputStream.java: Merged with libgcj.
        * java/io/CharArrayReader.java: Merged with libgcj.
        * java/io/CharArrayWriter.java: Merged with libgcj.