Re: Empty source files?

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Empty source files?
Date: 31 Aug 2001 23:52:11 -0400

John Keiser <address@hidden> writes:

> > 1. If a blank file is really needed.  Perhaps there is some process which
> > makes a list of all the .java files in a certain directory, and this blank
> > file was added to make this process work properly?
> >
> > 2. To maintain the CVS history, assuming someone will later implement the
> > file.  Perhaps it had been previously implemented, then someone removed it
> > for some reason, but wanted to keep the CVS history for when it's
> > ultimately re-implemented?

I probably did this... I had the javax.accessibility stuff in a
different directory and wanted to store it all away in CVS before I
lost the work.  So if there are blank files there it was probably me.
I believe that Classpath's compilation routines handles this whole
thing nicely... ie we don't even try to compile this.

I suspect Etienne is trying to compile *.java for everything in the
tree and having problems.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>