Re: java.util.zip

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: java.util.zip
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 22:27:01 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 10:34:26AM +0000, Ian Rogers wrote:

> I'm trying to build the current cvs tree and can't due to dependencies
> between java.util.jar and java.util.zip.
Sorry, that is my fault. I checked in java/net/URLClassLoader.java which
depends on the java.util.jar package which doesn't compile with plain
Classpath because of the missing java.util.zip files. The attached patch
to lib/standard.omit fixes the problem. I will commit it in little while.

The reason that I didn't see the problem is because I configure classpath
with: ./configure --with-jikes --with-japhar
--with-javah=/usr/local/gcc-3.0/bin/gcjh
--with-classlib=/usr/local/gcc-3.0/share/libgcj.jar
And libgcj does contain all the java.util.zip files.

> It seems there are some source
> files still to be checked in for java.util.zip. I can't e-mail the
> maintainer directly so I thought I'd ask here if anyone knows when the
> missing files will be added to java.util.zip? The web site says things
> are nearly complete.
The website is a bit out of date, but we were hoping to import jazzlib
<http://jazzlib.sourceforge.net/>. I don't know if that is actually
going to happen.

Stuff to read:
    <http://www.toad.com/gnu/whatswrong.html>
  What's Wrong with Copy Protection, by John Gilmore