Duplicate JNI files.

From: Etienne M. Gagnon
Subject: Duplicate JNI files.
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 17:34:04 -0400

Hi.

In CVS, in the native/ subdirectory, there are many duplicate files.

One can find many files like native/java.math/BigInteger.c and
native/jni/java_math_BigInteger.c which are nearly identical.

A look at the Makefile.am files seem to indicate that "most current"
files are "usually" in native/jni, but a careful look into ChangeLog
shows that sometime, both duplicates evolves into its own branch.

The native/jni Makefile.am builds 6 dynamic libraries...  Why not have
one directory per dynamic library?  This has many advantages, including
the fact that it simplifies the usage of automated tools to (partly)
generate the Makefile.am tools.

So, in summary, my questions are (for anybody that knows the answer):
1- Which duplicates are the right ones?
2- Would it be possible for somebody with write access to "cvs -f delete"
   the "wrong" duplicates?
3- As I do not have CVS write access, is anybody interested in my
   suggestions for organizing "native JNI source code"?

I know it would be simpler if I had CVS write access, but I don't, and I
already have reached my "10 lines" quota of patches...

Thanks!

Etienne
--
Etienne M. Gagnon                    http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/