Re: java.util.ResourceBundle bug?

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: java.util.ResourceBundle bug?
Date: 04 Nov 2001 22:10:45 -0500

Bryce McKinlay <address@hidden> writes:

> Mark Wielaard wrote:
>
> >Permissions depend on the complete Class call chain. If any class in the
> >call chain does not have the required permission then the security check
> >will fail.
> >
> Thanks for the explanation. I agree that relying on ResourceBundle being
> initialized before a Security Manager is installed would be flakey, so I
> installed a patch similar to what you suggested.

Could you please check that again, I'm seeing the following problem
with the checkin.  The compiler could be wrong... then again...

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/cbj/cvs/classpath/build/lib'
/usr/bin/jikes -nowarn +F -classpath ../..:../vm/current:.: -d . @classes

Found 1 semantic error compiling "../../java/util/ResourceBundle.java":

   118.           return new Security();
                         <->
*** Error: An instance of "java/util/ResourceBundle.this" is not accessible
here because it would have to cross a static region in the intervening type
"java/util/ResourceBundle$1".
make[1]: *** [compile-classes] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cbj/cvs/classpath/build/lib'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>