Re: Potential bug in Hashtable

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: Potential bug in Hashtable
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 19:59:59 +1300

John Leuner wrote:

I ran the latest classpath code against mauve, a
hashtable test which checks the size() after a clone()
failed:

I think copy.size should be set to 0 in the clone
method (before the putAll)?

I agree. HashMap probibly needs this fix also. Also I'm not sure Hashtable.clone() should call putAll, since this will be visible to subclasses. Maybe we should add the equivilent of the HashMap.putAllInternal.

regards

Bryce.