Re: System vs Runtime SecurityManager

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: System vs Runtime SecurityManager
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 01:57:49 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 05:15:56PM -0700, John Keisr wrote:

> A search in the archives of Classpath would reveal much.  I posted the
> message and it related specifically to Japhar.

Found it <http://www.mail-archive.com/classpath%40gnu.org/msg02455.html>.

The funny thing is that I was just trying to remove insertGNUProperties()
from the static initializer of System and make it more like the libgcj
implementation which initializes the system properties lazily. But I
guess that the problem would still be there because System has to init
System.out and friends which require native support from the java.io package.

Tricky. And I still don't completely understand why it works now.
Runtime.load() still calls System.getSecurityManager() so the cyclic
dependency seems to be still there.

Stuff to read:
    <http://www.toad.com/gnu/whatswrong.html>
  What's Wrong with Copy Protection, by John Gilmore