How mature are the Free Software efforts on Java?

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: How mature are the Free Software efforts on Java?
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 10:18:21 +0100

Brian Jones <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is okay, I will concentrate on getting VMs working that use
> Classpath and testing the library.

Hi,
  I've been lurking for a while but still haven't been able to
figure out how mature the Free Software efforts on Java really
are...  are the essential components mostly working?  Or do you
need more volunteers?  I'm asking because I'm a member of the
DotGNU Steering committee, and we decided several months ago
that we want to support Java with equal priority as C#, but then
we didn't really start looking into the Java side of things...
(I'm trying to get this sin of omission corrected now.)

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com