Re: Classpath website

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Classpath website
Date: 11 Nov 2001 13:47:15 -0500

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 06:02:57PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> >
> > Yeah. I also got it to compile from CVS. I was even able to make the
> > VMClassLoader change. And make my hellotype program run with it.
> >
> > Attached is the diff for Classpath (which includes a compatibility method
> > so VMs don't have to switch implementations if they don't want or can
> > immediatly).
>
> I added some documentation and committed it. Now that I have updated the
> texinfo file how do I publish it on the site? If I try to do a make in the
> doc/www.gnu.org/doc directory is does generate the files but the immediatly
> removes them. Is the following rule correct:
>
>  %.en.html: %.wml ../include/macros.wml
>       $(WMK) -f $<
>       -rm -f $(patsubst %.wml,%.html,$<)
>
> When I remove that last line it seems to work as it should.
>
> Do I just add those html files to software/classpath/doc and commit them?
> Or do I have to submit them to a patch list first?

I usually run 'make' from doc/www.gnu.org/ and it generates the proper
files in doc/www.gnu.org/doc/.  These should be hacking.en.html and
vmintegration.en.html.

I usually use 'make publish' from the same doc/www.gnu.org/ to copy
all the files to the web cvs tree.  A checkin on that tree will commit
only the truly different files.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>