Re: Classpath website

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Classpath website
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 20:40:54 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 01:47:15PM -0500, Brian Jones wrote:
> Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > I added some documentation and committed it. Now that I have updated the
> > texinfo file how do I publish it on the site? If I try to do a make in the
> > doc/www.gnu.org/doc directory is does generate the files but the immediatly
> > removes them. Is the following rule correct:
> >
> >  %.en.html: %.wml ../include/macros.wml
> >     $(WMK) -f $<
> >     -rm -f $(patsubst %.wml,%.html,$<)
> >
> > When I remove that last line it seems to work as it should.
> >
> > Do I just add those html files to software/classpath/doc and commit them?
> > Or do I have to submit them to a patch list first?
>
> I usually run 'make' from doc/www.gnu.org/ and it generates the proper
> files in doc/www.gnu.org/doc/.  These should be hacking.en.html and
> vmintegration.en.html.

Forgive my ignorance of wml (I saw in the README that questions should be
send to /dev/null, but that didn't gave any meaningfull answer).

When I run the commands of the makefile by hand I get the following:

$ wmk -f hacking.wml
/usr/bin/wml -n -o hacking.html hacking.wml

So a hacking.html and not a hacking.en.html is generated.
I just cannot figure out why or when the .en. comes from.

Thanks,

Stuff to read:
    <http://www.toad.com/gnu/whatswrong.html>
  What's Wrong with Copy Protection, by John Gilmore