Bug Report

From: reali
Subject: Bug Report
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:30:51 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

Bug Report:
-----------
Properties.load opens an InputStreamReader with
decoder "ISO-8859-1".

In java.io.EncodingManager the decoder is mapped to the
class gnu.java.io.DecoderISO-8859-1, which doesn't exists.
The close and obvious match is gnu.java.io.Decoder8859_1

Fix:
----
"ISO-8859-1" is the string used in the (Java) documentation.
I think the Encoder and Decoder classes should be renamed
from Encoder8859_1 to EncoderISO-8859-1 and so on.

How did it happen:
I executed SpecApplication from the SpecJVM benchmark suite
on my Jaos VM.

-Patrik
--
Patrik Reali, address@hidden