Re: kissme release 0.20

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: kissme release 0.20
Date: 14 Nov 2001 11:03:24 -0500

address@hidden writes:

> I didn't try to use the new classpath build scripts. I was put off by the
> (version) requirements in the HACKING file for the different auto* programs.
> So I'm still using (old) hand-updated native code and that is all compiled
> statically into the JVM binary.

Sorry about those requirements, actually, but I needed the newest
libtool in order to separate certain libraries that are in common
between CNI/JNI libraries into another directory.  It also turned out
that a newer automake was required as well since the older one just
complained about the source in a different directory.  I can't
remember just now if a newer autoconf was really required or not but
I believe those auto* tools are joined at the hip in some way so
probably so.

The only unfortunate consequence I've found so far is (a) most
distributions don't have these as the default yet and (b) they are
somehow broken I think with regards to AM_CONDITIONAL in one important
case that is affecting --with-gcj and I'd like to get that figured out
soon.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>