Re (2): Bug Report

From: reali
Subject: Re (2): Bug Report
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 18:53:26 +0100 (MET)

Mark writes:

> You can also define the System property
> "gnu.java.io.encoding_scheme_alias.ISO-8859-1" to have the value "8859_1".
> See gnu/java/io/EncodingManager.java how this is implemented.
>
> > How did it happen:
> > ------------------
> > I executed SpecApplication from the SpecJVM benchmark suite
> > on my Jaos VM.
> Could you try the test with the above workaround?
> If that works we should at least by default define a couple of those
> System property aliases for Classpath now until we actually merge character
> conversions with libgcj.

Sorry for the delay.

Your fix works fine. Thanks a lot! I implemented it as follows:

  static void insertGNUProperties ()
  {
    properties.put ("gnu.cpu.endian",
                    (isWordsBigEndian ())? "big" : "little");
    properties.put ("gnu.java.io.encoding_scheme_alias.ISO-8859-1", "8859_1");
  }

-Patrik
--
Patrik Reali, address@hidden