Re: help!thanks!

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: help!thanks!
Date: 12 Dec 2001 08:43:38 -0500

Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:

> "黄 铁卓" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Dear XX *^|^*
> >      Hello!How do you do!
> >      I come from China.I'm a programmer, and I'm intrested in
> > Classpath.I'm reading its free code and meeting a question.   When
> > Create a Button, How does Container contain Button.Where is
> > "gtk_container_add(Container, Button)", I hope you can help me!
> >     Thank you!
> > Ace.huang

The AWT in Classpath CVS does not work very well.  It's possible that
Container.java should be creating peers and does not (the comments
would indicate this is the case).  John Leuner did some work in this
area during the summer but I don't know if he has committed that work
or not.

You should be able to try using the peers with JDK 1.1 from Blackdown
with native threads or JDK 1.3 (which is native threads by default)
for debugging purposes.  There is a message in the past 6 months I
think about this.

Read this message and the rest of the thread.  I did eventually try
1.3 and I believe it worked for me.

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/classpath/2001-August/001129.html
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>