Re: JBOSS mods are now on https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: JBOSS mods are now on https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 19:17:48 +1300

Washburn, Weldon wrote:

I just got approval to post the zip files.  Diff the trees in patch ID 64
and patch ID 65 to see each mod in each file.
I've made diffs and reposted separate patches for different packages that were changed. I also looked through the collections changes, and closed that patch since we have already fixed all of those bugs.

In future it would be better if you could post actual patches rather than .zip files, since they are much easier to work with. The "-N" option for diff will ensure that newly-created files get included in the diff.

Its unfortunate that some of the files you changed (eg java/io/ObjectInputStream) contain large blocks of reformatted code. This makes it very difficult to tell what the actual logic changes are, and reduces the chances that the patch will be integrated! Please keep formatting changes separate from code changes.

Gansha,
Will you supply the necessary change log to make it easier for the GNU
Classpath folks to integrate your work?
This would be very helpful.

regards

Bryce.