Re: locale compiler

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: locale compiler
Date: 03 Jan 2002 11:33:10 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, 2002-01-03 at 03:03, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Over the holidays I hacked localedef a bit so that it can generate
> Java output.  My goal was to let us automatically generate the
> gnu.java.locale.* classes from the existing locale files, so that we
> don't have to find a way to duplicate all this information.
Nice!

> If anyone is interested in hacking ld-collate.c or in looking at the
> calendar code, I'd be happy to send my localedef patch.
Please post it to the list. I don't think I have time to look at it at
the moment. But then it is at least archived and it might trigger people
to give it a look.

> I'm interested in checking in the output even though it isn't
> complete.  It's certainly better than what we have right now (next to
> nothing).  I thought I'd ask to see if anybody had an objection before
> checking in 131 new files though.
These are files that can only be regenerated by a hacked localedef? What
are we going to do when you are hit by a bus? (Happy New Year!)

Can we import the complete hacked localedef source into our tree or is
it to big for that? Then we could even make it a configure option which
locales should be compiled in.