Assertion errors with Orp and Classpath

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Assertion errors with Orp and Classpath
Date: 13 Jan 2002 00:19:44 +0100

Hi,

I am playing with Orp 1.0.8 and the Classpath native libraries from CVS.
When testing out Classpath and Orp with a small test program I get
asserting errors in Prepare.cc. Uncommenting some debugging strings
gives the following message:

No implementation in class java/net/DatagramSocketImpl for method
getOption of interface java/net/SocketOptions.

Which is strange since DatagramSocketImpl is abstract and does indeed
not implement getOption(). The (non-abstract) subclass
PlainDatagramSocketImpl implements it.

Attached is the test program. Could someone try it out with Orp and let
me know if it works?