Re: java.net.*Socket merge with libgcj

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: java.net.*Socket merge with libgcj
Date: 13 Jan 2002 21:46:53 -0500

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I merged Socket and ServerSocket with libgcj nothing major just some
> documentation, indenting and code cleanups most functionality was
> already the same.
>
> I als reindented and cleaned up java.net.DatagramSocket to prepare for a
> real merge but did not merge it yet. libgcj has only the 1.1 spec
> functionality implemented and I don't really understand why Brian Jones
> made the recent changes to that class. I will probably have to pick up a
> copy of Stevens Network Programming before I can really hack on that
> code.

The ChangeLog seems pretty clear on the matter, I could see but one
change to fix a Mauve regression dated 2001-11-25.

cvs diff -r 1.9 -r 1.10 DatagramSocket.java

Essentially we didn't have this functionality implemented in the
native library where getOption is defined and the test was failing.  I
determined it was stupid to bother with the native method call since
the value can be stored locally in class private data (and it never
changes).

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>