Re: Problems with float Math.min(float,float) etc

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Problems with float Math.min(float,float) etc
Date: 15 Jan 2002 17:50:15 -0700

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Blake <address@hidden> writes:

Eric> Yes, you are right that there were no logic errors in the old
Eric> version of equals().  But the version I committed avoids 2 calls
Eric> to a native method, and accesses the field "value" directly
Eric> rather than calling "doubleValue()".

It seems to me that a JIT could easily inline doubleToLongBits.
Probably they don't though.  gcj will (not yet, but it is a simple
addition).  I think I'll keep the original code in libgcj for now.

Tom