Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: classpath: GIF files

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: classpath: GIF files
Date: 20 Jan 2002 22:16:12 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, 2002-01-20 at 21:25, Loic Dachary wrote:
> Mark Wielaard writes:
>  > To bad you cannot use the mailinglist. Another suggestion could be to
>  > file an urgent bug report on the savannah project page.
>
>       Not all projects make use of the support tracking system,
> unfortunately.

Sad, but true. Classpath is also not yet very fluent with the
bugtracking system. It would be nice though, so you could quickly see on
Savannah which GNU project needed the most help at the moment :)

>  > You might want to warn people that the script only converts gifs->png
>  > but that changes to the webpages or code should be done by hand.
>
>       Would this be enough ? Feel free to correct my english if needed.
> ---
>     In the following we suggest a small script to convert the images
> to the PNG format. Note that you should also make sure the software does
> not reference the old GIF images. This is likely to require manual
> attention in most cases.
> ---

Seems fine to me. If a French speaking person can explain it to a Dutch
speaking person in English it must be correct :)

>  > You might also want to explicitly state if the savannah-hackers
>  > mailinglist is the correct place to ask for aditional information and/or
>  > help in doing the conversion. If not you might want to change the
>  > reply-to header to point to the appropriate list.
>
>       Added the Reply-To + the following line before the signature:
>
> For additional information please write to address@hidden

Great. Thanks for all your work.