Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: classpath: GIF files

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: classpath: GIF files
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 21:25:21 +0100

Mark Wielaard writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > On Sun, 2002-01-20 at 17:46, Loic Dachary wrote:
 > >
 > >    Please accept my apologies. What I thought to be a good idea
 > > apparently turned out to be very unpleasant to you. I fixed the script
 > > to avoid troubles in the future. Could you please tell me if the sample
 > > mail below is acceptable ? If not could you suggest a way to improve it ?
 >
 > Much better. Thanks for taking the time to make it clearer.
 > (And don't take my critisism to seriously, I was just utterly confused
 > where the mail came from and why it was send to me personally.)
 >
 > To bad you cannot use the mailinglist. Another suggestion could be to
 > file an urgent bug report on the savannah project page.

        Not all projects make use of the support tracking system,
unfortunately.

 > You might want to warn people that the script only converts gifs->png
 > but that changes to the webpages or code should be done by hand.

        Would this be enough ? Feel free to correct my english if needed.
---
    In the following we suggest a small script to convert the images
to the PNG format. Note that you should also make sure the software does
not reference the old GIF images. This is likely to require manual
attention in most cases.
---

 > You might also want to explicitly state if the savannah-hackers
 > mailinglist is the correct place to ask for aditional information and/or
 > help in doing the conversion. If not you might want to change the
 > reply-to header to point to the appropriate list.

        Added the Reply-To + the following line before the signature:

For additional information please write to address@hidden

        A++,