gcj vs classpath merge status

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: gcj vs classpath merge status
Date: 28 Jan 2002 23:30:38 +0000

The page showing the merge status of libgcj and classpath shows that
the classes:

   java.net.SocketInputStream
   java.net.SocketOutputStream

have not been merged into libgcj yet.

The main reason for this is that they don't exist in the Sun API.

I thought about introducing them into the libgcj API when I did the
socket timeout stuff because it required an input and output streams.

In the end I opted for inner classes because separate streams seemed
to confuse the API.

Would the Classpath people like me to add timeout code to their Socket
implementation?

If so, would it also be okay to remove the stream classes and make
them inner classes (of PlainSocketImpl). That should clear them off
the merge list.

Nic Ferrier