Re: getting started with classpath

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: getting started with classpath
Date: 25 Apr 2002 20:42:56 +0100

Phillip Morelock <address@hidden> writes:

> I have been reading some of the Classpath and GCJ stuff, and am slowly
> getting a little more comfortable, although it's still quite new
> to me. I will continue to study up and read the links you already
> sent, and I will send a new message to the list when I get "ready"
> -- just wanted to respond right now so you knew your comments did
> not fall into a void.

Maybe Brian or Anthony (or one of the other maintaienrs) should chip
in here's a menu of things that are on my list of stuff to do but
that I haven't got round to yet:

- html and texinfo "getting started with Classpath and ORP" guide.

- a very light webpage intro, an edited version of the above

- add lot's of examples to the CNI section of the GCJ manual

- improve the javadoc in the Classpath source code and create a
  texinfo manual using cp-tools texinfo doclet.

And that's just for starters. Ideally our Classpath documentation
would be as good as the glibc documentation is. I don't know if you
the URL for the glibc doc, you can find it at:

   http://www.gnu.org/manual/glibc-2.2.3/libc.html

along with lots of other good quality manuals here:

   http://www.gnu.org/manual/

I'm sure Brian and others will chip in with suggestions.

Nic Ferrier