Re: Compilation error - More Info

From: Stephen Crawley
Subject: Re: Compilation error - More Info
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:27:57 +1000

Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:
> Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:
> > We need to create stubs for them or just disable javax.swing in the
> > lib/standard.omit file for now.
>
> I disabled javax.swing in standard.omit.  Having trouble compiling the
> java_nio.c recently added as well.

These compilation problems are an ongoing nuisance for Kissme Classpath
builds.  Our build process does a merge of GNU classpath (respecting the
standard.omit file) with the Kissme VM classes.  When someone checks in
incomplete code, the Kissme Classpath compilation gives a bunch of errors
to check.

Unfortunately, we (John Leuner and myself) decided to track the recent
changes to the Classpath VM API changes in the Kissme code base. This
means we can't use the GNU Classpath 0.0.3 snapshot.  At least, not
without lots of back tracking and wasted effort.

Anyhow, I ran into the latest javax.swing compilation problems myself. I
tried leaving out javax.swing, but javax.accessibility depends on it.  I
tried leaving out javax.accessibility as well, but something in java.awt
depends on it. (I can't remember exactly ... but it is a public
interface.)  Then I gave up.

I don't know if Brian's additions to standard.omit fixes this.  But that's
not the point.

The real point is that people checking in changes need take more care.
It is not that hard to do a cvs update and compile cycle after doing
a batch of commits.

-- Steve