Re: Documentation (C)

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Documentation (C)
Date: 04 May 2002 23:48:20 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, 2002-05-04 at 15:37, Brian Jones wrote:
> The year should be 2002, and can the license of the generated
> documentation be http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html#FDL or
> since it is derived from the source should be GPL?  I don't quite
> know.

Since the documentation is generated from the source files it is
clearly a work based on GNU Classpath so it should be distributed
under the terms of the GPL (with or without exception). So the
documentation should include the GPL and (a link to) the original
source.

But since the FSF is the sole copyright holder we can ask
if it would make sense to distribute the docs under the FDL which
seems like a nice idea if someone want to publish them in a book
for example. We should contact RMS about it. Brian do you want to
contact RMS, or should I email him?