Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Cp-tools Javadoc Overview (was Re: Classpath API

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Cp-tools Javadoc Overview (was Re: Classpath API javadoc)
Date: 05 May 2002 16:59:54 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 14:06, Julian Scheid wrote:
> The XML doclet will now produce multiple XML files (one index file
> and one for each class documented.)
> This can speed up XSLT processing by orders of magnitude when you
> are documenting large trees (like the full Classpath source.)
> Therefore, the "-d" option to XMLDoclet now takes a destination
> directory, instead of a destination file.

Wow! The last version had a lot of problems with the Classpath tree.
But I just tried this version on all the java.* (sub)packages of
Classpath and it really works very nice. I like the HTML output it
generates very much, clean and simple. Thanks.
(For people that are interested in a sneak preview you can see it
on <http://www.klomp.org/mark/classpath/gjdoc/>.)

I didn't have much success with the texidoclet though since that seems
to need some javax.swing.html classes that we haven't implemented yet.