Re: initialization

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: initialization
Date: 07 May 2002 19:10:10 -0600

>>>>> "Brian" == Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:

Brian> So I guess the question on my mind is whether any free JVM
Brian> implements the detailed procedure for initialization outlined
Brian> in 2.17.5 of the Java Virtual Machine Specification Second
Brian> Edition.

Unless I'm missing something, gcj does this.
I'd imagine all VMs, free or not, do the same things here.
It is fundamental to Java.

For the class initialization code in libgcj, look in java/lang/natClass.cc.
There is a private Class::initializeClass method that does the work.

Tom