Re: get help?

From: Alex Lau
Subject: Re: get help?
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 09:45:40 -0500

Let me be a little bit more specific, I can do the single test.. .but the
TAG thing doesn't seem to work... I try to make a mauve-TAG file..
then
make KEYS=TAG check... didn't work... :o
Alex

Brian Jones

Okay, so avoiding the areas (jdbc) near your current work and any
source you've looked at from Sun there is a lot of work to do.  From
our homepage, http://www.classpath.org/ you can get to the Savannah
tasks list and also to an older set of status texts concerning various
packages.

I check out the tast list :) I think the Mauve test case do need more
people to work on. I will try to go from there.

I think highest priority for the project is creating JDK 1.1
compatible tests in the Mauve framework (extending where necessary)
that will allow us to feel somewhat confident about the classes'
behaviour performing according to the specification or where the
specification is vague performing similarly to Sun's implementation.
When JDK 1.1 tests are written it would also be great to write Java 2
tests hopefully covering through JDK 1.4 or whatever new version is
available at that time.

As I go along, I get the mauve cvs and classpath. The question I get is
what vm should I use ( as a better testing test bed vm ) I get kissme and
orp, from your howto it use orp. And I just did a little testing... and try to
get the feel of how mauve work...  how do I assign my own classpath to
test? should I jar all the classes and then run the test... I'm kind of loss
only help I can get is from the mauve README file... so :)

From the tests we should be able to spot most bugs in the current code
and apply appropriate fixes.

Development wise, there are new packages in Java 2 we don't have and
plenty of work to do on the AWT and Swing.  I don't know if anyone is
trying to implement Java2D at all.

Brian

Thanks
Alex