Re: The Mauve

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: The Mauve
Date: 23 May 2002 08:29:53 -0400

Alex Lau <address@hidden> writes:

> Let see I'm on the right trick here.

> 1) We don't have a framework how the test should be "Run" excepted
> we know we are going to use mauve. On the other hand, that also mean
> whoever adding test case will directly adding into mauve ( correct
> me if I'm wrong ) rather then in classpath (may be in both )

Yes, this work is directly on Mauve and not in Classpath CVS.

> 2) Do we want to combin the building and testing into a single
> configure? I will
> think building and testing should seperate, so that testing and
> preformance test can
> run after build.

At this time, I don't think so.

> 3) (i'm lost in this one ) you say compile manve by hand and put the
> mauve's CLASSPATH in it.... I don't see the mauve code in classpath
> cvs and how else can we do the test with mauve without the mauve
> class? or We are only going to pick out the main mauve test class
> and put that into classpath test suit to run the test? ( what is the
> test and testsuite directory in classpath for? )

http://sources.redhat.com/mauve/ for the Mauve website and CVS
instructions and appropriate mailing list.  This information was
missing on our homepage so I've added it.  The test and testsuite
directories are leftovers from early in the project before there was a
Mauve.  We don't use them now.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>