Re: Building kissme with classpath 0.04

From: Alex Lau
Subject: Re: Building kissme with classpath 0.04
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:59:47 -0500

Yeah... :) Get that build finally... I do need 1.6 automake...

However....
./kissme -classpath classes:/usr/share/classpath/glibj.zip:. helloworld
debug: lost error code 1, (loading class helloworld from java/lang/Class): Could not find a .class file for this class
Hello world

It run but don't know what the error is talking about......
Thanks :)

By the way... since your guys know all the answer and everybody seem to
get marry pretty soon. My question is where can I find a girl friend?
Or is there a link or man page that I can learn from? :)
just kidding, happy for all your!
Thanks John I will start working on the real stuff and building test cases on maune... hehe
Alex

John Leuner :

Hello Alex

I'm sorry for responding so late.

If you want to build Classpath 0.04 and kissme you must do the following:

1. Unpack and build classpath

  ./configure --enable-jni --with-jikes
  make
  make install

2. Get kissme from CVS (and also) mkdir kissme-classpath
  touch kissme-classpath/somefile
3. build kissme: aclocal
   automake -a
   autoconf
   ./configure --with-gnu-classpath=/somedir/classpath-0.04
   make

3.5 build kissme .classes files:

jikes -classpath /usr/share/classpath/glibj.zip:classes `find classes/{java,gnu,plava,jos} -name '*.java'`
4. Set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/classpath

5. run kissme
  ./kissme -classpath classes:/usr/share/classpath/glibj.zip:. myclass

Feel free to ask me any questions about kissme or classpath or mauve.

John Leuner

Sorry haven't join the kissme mailing list yet.. but I will. Since you
are build kissme and get deb for it. I think I'm try to port the test
base on kissme first ( classpath did suggest which vm I should use )
Questions :)
1) I don't know you see my testio.sh file in the classpath list
earier, it run under your kissme deb (sid). But when I build the cvs
classpath by hand, it keep giveing me seg fault, Question is do I
need to build the kissme bin also? will the kissme-classpath and kissme
source (deb source ) good enought for mauve test building ground?

2) when the classpath is build, doesn't require the vm hook in the src to
finish build or it can user share lib?  my picture is not very clear here

java ----> JDK spec ---> classpath API ---> native code ---> lib ? (not good) ---> vm---> lib ? (better)
is that right? please correct me.

3) if I understand correctly, each "out of box" ( as include classpath and vm )
will need to be build differently? (correct me )