Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Building kissme with classpath 0.04

From: John Leuner
Subject: Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Building kissme with classpath 0.04
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:22:53 +0100

> >Yup.  That's what the Kissme "doc/BUILDING" document says.  In fact,
> >I built the Kissme automake/configure scripts using version 1.6.1.
> >

> Sorry about that.. I'm still getting use to all the cvs structure (
> kissme, classpath
> and mauve). And I just find out doc/ get Building info rather then user
> doc.. :)
> In some document mention kissme can't know handle zip/jar file, what's
> that mean? it seem working fine with
>
> ./kissme -classpath classes:/usr/share/classpath/glibj.zip:. myclass

The "native" zip support is very new. It works now, but is slow. If I get it
working properly, I will make a new kissme release.

> --with-mauve on configure at this point is there any real use? If not
> what is
> the plan? ( I'm trying to help classpath build the test cases with
> mauve, and
> I pick kissme as my vm cause John had build deb support for it and I use
> debian :) )

I don't know what the plan is yet :-)

Probably to be able run the mauve tests automatically.

> and.... what is the different of kissme_classpath and kissme?
> I get lost on that...

You can ignore the kissme_classpath stuff now.

> >>However....
> >>./kissme -classpath classes:/usr/share/classpath/glibj.zip:. helloworld
> >>debug: lost error code 1, (loading class helloworld from
> >>java/lang/Class): Could not find a .class file for this class
> >>Hello world
> >>
> >>It run but don't know what the error is talking about......
> >>Thanks :)

These errors will go away when I have finished the zip support.

John Leuner