Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Building kissme with classpath 0.04

From: Stephen Crawley
Subject: Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Building kissme with classpath 0.04
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:32:34 +1000

Alex,

John Leuner <address@hidden>
> Alex Lau <address@hidden>,
> > In some document mention kissme can't know handle zip/jar file, what's
> > that mean? it seem working fine with
> >
> > ./kissme -classpath classes:/usr/share/classpath/glibj.zip:. myclass

> The "native" zip support is very new. It works now, but is slow. If I
> get it working properly, I will make a new kissme release.

That comment was a couple of days out if date.  I fixed it last night.
Like John says, native ZIP class loading is very new!!

[John: a new release would be a good thing IMO.  There has been quite
a bit of progress recently.  Are you currently working on ZIP loading,
or would you like me to have a go?]

> > --with-mauve on configure at this point is there any real use? If not
> > what is
> > the plan? ( I'm trying to help classpath build the test cases with
> > mauve, and
> > I pick kissme as my vm cause John had build deb support for it and I use
> > debian :) )
>
> I don't know what the plan is yet :-)
>
> Probably to be able run the mauve tests automatically.

My "plan" was to include scripts and rules in the kissme Makefile for
running Mauve tests on Kissme.  However, this stalled because:

  1)  I couldn't find instructions on how to run Mauve tests,
  2)  the Mauve tests looked pretty thin on the ground, and
  3)  they seemed to focus on complex stuff, not on the low level
      things we were doing.

However, I recall someone mentioning that there are new instructions
for running Mauve. So I'll look into this again.

> > and.... what is the different of kissme_classpath and kissme?
> > I get lost on that...
>
> You can ignore the kissme_classpath stuff now.

Modulo the speed issue :-).

> These errors will go away when I have finished the zip support.

They have gone away already :-).

I checked in a small change last night to only print the so called
"lost error code" if Kissme is built with the SHOWLOADING flag defined
in config.h.

-- Steve