Re: Installation directory for shared libs

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Installation directory for shared libs
Date: 01 Jul 2002 08:57:49 -0400

John Leuner <address@hidden> writes:

> Why are the classpath shared libraries installed into $prefix/lib/classpath ?
>
> How do I configure the build to install them in $prefix/lib ?

This is due to the use of pkglib_LTLIBRARIES in Makefile.am.  We could
have used lib_LTLIBRARIES instead and you would get them in
$prefix/lib.  In this case we'd probably have to rename the libraries
to avoid name collisions.  This also means that if you wanted to
package Classpath with a JVM that updating just classpath requires
more intimate knowledge of the libraries we create rather than just
looking in the lib/classpath directory.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>