Classpath and Jikes RVM

From: Sean C. Rhea
Subject: Classpath and Jikes RVM
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 13:12:23 -0700

Hello,

I'm a member of the OceanStore project at UC Berkeley, and we're currently
using the IBM JIT 1.3.  The Jikes RVM they have recently released has a
concurrent GC that I would like to try out, but I'd also like to avoid
downloading their non-free class libraries.  (Eventually, we'd like our
system to only depend on free software--the 1.3 JIT is just what we're
using in the mean time.)  Has anyone tried to use classpath with the Jikes
RVM?

The OceanStore project uses only a few features of the class libraries--all
standard stuff (java.lang, java.util, and some java.net), plus Cryptix JCE
for cryptography.

Thanks for your time,
Sean
--
            This may be the end of a 90-year window when it was
                possible to make money off recorded music.

Sean C. Rhea           |   Please do not accept any email from me
address@hidden  |   which is not digitally signed.  Also,
http://www.srhea.net   |   please sign any email you send to me.