Re: [Classpath] AWT progress

From: John Leuner
Subject: Re: [Classpath] AWT progress
Date: 17 Jul 2002 09:41:28 +0100

> > After rewriting the class initializer code in kissme, I got to the
> > following stage with the TestAWT program:
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~jewel/kissme/shots/kissme_awt.png
> >
> > Unfortunately nothing else works, but it's a big improvement (previously
> > a deadlock occurred with class initialization).
>
> are you talking about circular dependencies between class initializers?
> I'm interested to know the details because FLEX (http://flexc.lcs.mit.edu)
> is going to be moving from a Sun-based class library to GNU classpath very
> shortly, and getting AWT working was on my list of things to do...
>  --scott

Does FLEX have special requirements on the class library or it is it a
normal java application? Or is it something beyond that?

There probably were potential circular dependencies, but I think the old
kissme code was capable of locking up even without them.

> DC Legion of Doom Japan spy quiche Moscow domestic disruption C4 SLBM
> planning Shoal Bay shortwave assassination early warning affinity group

I didn't know "Japan" and "Moscow" were still dirty words.

John Leuner