Re: GNU Crypto

From: Adam Megacz
Subject: Re: GNU Crypto
Date: 22 Jul 2002 10:55:49 -0700

"Raif S. Naffah" <address@hidden> writes:
> beacuse it does not always follow the published interfaces of Sun, the
> library includes a sub-package (gnu.crypto.jce.*) that contains Adapters
> for allowing plugging the appropriate algorithms into a JCA/JCE
> implementation as a Security Provider (GnuCrypto)

Yep, BC works the same way. They implemented all the primitives
according to their own API, then wrote a security provider to act as
an adapter.

I dunno, it just strikes me as strange how there are so many seperate
open source implementations of the same set of primitives... (RSA,
RC4, MD5, SHA1, etc...).

  - a

--
Sick of HTML user interfaces?
www.xwt.org

"Through your rags I see your vanity." -- Socrates, to Antisthenes the Cynic