Re: [Bug #976] Missing GPL exception and missing Copyright statements

From: Etienne M. Gagnon
Subject: Re: [Bug #976] Missing GPL exception and missing Copyright statements
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:28:35 -0400

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 09:48:20PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> See the following two emails from the archive:
> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/classpath/2002-May/002287.html
> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/classpath/2002-May/002335.html

So, if I understand correctly from the second message, the rmic
generated files can be GPL+exp.  So, I'll go ahead and fix them
as well as all the other generated files.

I'll also look if the properties files can handle comment, and if yes,
I'll also add the copyright statement.

As the generating scripts don't seem to be called that often, I'll
simply hack the copyright statement directly in the files, and let
maintainers fix the scripts, eventually.

I just want the copyright statements to be in place for a new SableVM
distribution.  A Debian developer noticed the incoherency in the
copyright statements of the current
sablevm-native/class-library-*.tar.gz files (which are directly
derived from GNU Classpath).

Thanks,

Etienne
--