acceptable reference material for developers

From: Emile Snyder
Subject: acceptable reference material for developers
Date: 27 Aug 2002 01:01:25 -0700

Hello all,

I've read the HACKING document on the classpath web site, and understand
that I must not look at the Sun implementations of the Java libraries if
I want to contribute code to the classpath project.  I wanted to be
clear on whether studying the Sun API documentation is allowed.

Also, the doc mentions that FSF requires paperwork from programmers
employers explicitly disclaiming any ownership in the employee's work on
classpath.  Is there a sample letter around to be used?  Who has the
authority in a company to sign such a letter; immediate supervisor?

thanks,
-emile