trouble getting kissme to work with gcp

From: Giannis Georgalis
Subject: trouble getting kissme to work with gcp
Date: 30 Aug 2002 16:23:14 +0300

Hello,

        I have successfully downloaded and built cvs GNU classpath
and cvs kissme. I used these command for configuring:

classpath:
./configure --prefix=/home/jgeorgal/JDE --with-java=kissme \
[--with-classpath=/home/jgeorgal/JDE/src/kissme/classes.zip \]
--with-zip --with-jikes --enable-gtk-peer --enable-jni --enable-cni \
--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --enable-shared

kissme:
./configure --prefix=/home/jgeorgal/JDE --with-classpath-install-dir=\
/home/jgeorgal/JDE --with-gnu-classpath

The problem is that I cannot run even the helloworld program with kissme;
I'll be more specific. When my
CLASSPATH=/home/jgeorgal/JDE/share/classpath/glibj.zip:.
if I try to run a helloworld.java (byte-compiled with jikes Version 1.16 - 10
July 2002)
I get the message "Kissme Panic: Didn't find instance field offset for
_classStruct (java/lang/Class)"
and when I include in my CLASSPATH the classes.zip file from kissme
distribution I get:

Error: unknown native method called: java/lang/Double.initIDs()V
java/lang/Double
There were 6 methods for this class
Error: unknown native method called: java/lang/System.isWordsBigEndian()Z
java/lang/System
There were 5 methods for this class
FAILED TO INITIALIZE java/lang/System
---------------Top level exception handler-------------------
Kissme Panic: NoClassDefFoundError

I cannot figure out what's wrong :(
I have loaded the libs in lib/classpath ...

any hint is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Giannis

PS.I have also tried "merge-kcp" and manually merging the
classes in kissme/classes with GNU classpath...