Re: [Classpath] Re: bug in gnu.vm.stack.StackFrame

From: C. Scott Ananian
Subject: Re: [Classpath] Re: bug in gnu.vm.stack.StackFrame
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:43:17 -0400 (EDT)

On 10 Sep 2002, Mark Wielaard wrote:

> StackFrame, ExecutionStack and StackTrace are a bit old. I don't know if
> there are VMs that still use these classes. For Throwable stack traces
> we now have java.lang.StackTraceElement and I will soon add my recent
> work on VMThrowable that I did for libgcj to Classpath. But for security
> managers and for AccessController the ExecutionStack could still be
> useful. Do VM implementers actually use/implement support for these
> classes?

I would actually like a linked list version of StackTraceElement (with a
'caller' field) that I could translate to/from an array representation
for interoperability with Throwable.get/setStackTrace().  The idea is
that as the exception is thrown from each method, I could link in a
single StackTraceElement onto the exception.
 --scott

TASS early warning radar insurgent domestic disruption Attache MI6
ASW NSA Honduras Soviet  Panama direct action counter-intelligence
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )