Re: [Classpath] Newbie experiences

From: Daryl Lee
Subject: Re: [Classpath] Newbie experiences
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:00:56 -0400

Here's my current situation.  I feel like I'm getting there, but the final step
eludes me.

I downloaded classpath-0.04.  I had to make one patch to it that has already
been made in CVS.

I then ran into ORP problems.  It took two patches to get 1.0.9 to compile.
Now, when I run it, it can't find libstdc++.so.  This library is located at
/usr/local/lib, but somehow is not found.  I tried appending ':/usr/local/lib'
to the recommended value for LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but that only caused an error
recommending "remove spurious code" and rebuild ORP.  That's not particularly
helpful.

I also tried putting a symlink in LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointing to the 'missing'
library, but that accomplished nothing.  I sense myself edging into guesswork,
so I thought I'd seek some more help.
--
Daryl Lee
Marietta, GA