Re: [Classpath] Re: code indentation

From: C. Scott Ananian
Subject: Re: [Classpath] Re: code indentation
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:09:53 -0400 (EDT)

On 27 Sep 2002, Nic Ferrier wrote:

> > (*) to java.io.* classes that I'm working.

fwiw, i've got some implementations/fixes to java.awt.geom.*
that i'm working on (as part of the Gerber tools mentioned on
   http://www.cag.lcs.mit.edu/~cananian/Projects/FabClass/
).  I'm following existing coding style for the stubs that
were presenting in the package, but I figured if there were
any discrepancies I can always clean them up later before
commit. =)

> This is fine. We have actually defined a bunch of java specific
> caveats to the coding rules and I'm going to produce an indent
> program that pretty-prints using them.

Is this written up anywhere?
The only thing I could find was
   http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/doc/hacking.html#SEC6

> I've not had time to do that up to now... I may take a different
> approach than patching gnu-indent (which is what I was going to do)
> and instead write a java program to do it.

I've got a GPL Java Grammar at
    http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~appel/modern/java/CUP/
which *might* be useful if you decide to write a java program.
Pretty-printers don't *need* a full-fledged grammar, but it helps. =)
You can use just the lexer if that's easier.
  --scott

Diplomat counter-intelligence Nazi explosion Peking SSBN 743 [Hello to all my
fans in domestic surveillance]
Philadelphia Hussein South Africa Bejing direct action FBI Israel
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )