New VMThrowable support integrated

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: New VMThrowable support integrated
Date: 04 Oct 2002 17:34:35 +0200

Hi,

I have merged my Throwable and VMThrowable implementations from libgcj
and updated the NEWS file and the VM Integration Guide to document it.

gcj has been using this setup for some weeks now and John Leuner just
added support for Kissme to CVS. It should not be hard for a VM to use
this new setup and makes maintenance of the java part of Throwable
easier.

VMs that don't implement the new interface should/might/will still work
with GNU Classpath although they won't produce any real stack traces.
(At least that is how I first tested it with Kissme.)

Please let me know if this new setup is not flexible enough for your VM.
(You could still supply your own Throwable implementation, but I would
still like to know.)

No.